My anger is a fresh cup of coffee: roasted, ground, pressed and brewed, steamy.
But you don’t go to a coffee shop and order from a menu with one item on it.
There are levels of anger, different intensities and brews.
I personally enjoy
Americano’s, and they’re the same style
I most often deal with anger. I start with a shot of espresso. Black, thick
strong, but I manage to dilute myself, water down the intensity, as to not burn
anyone around me. It’s the same amount of espresso, the same amount of pure
angst in every form of anger, but its how I deal with it that creates the
different drinks.
I can be so intensely angry but you may not even know it.
With copious amounts of steamed milk and cream and sugar and whip and drizzle
and Brule sprinkles, you may barley recognize the espresso in a macchiato or
Frappuccino.
I will admit I can be a frivolous person. I’m easily angered
about my appearance, and how others perceive me. I make the effort to appear
well for others. But when that effort is tainted, the espresso brews. Other
times however, I wake up in the wrong sleep cycle, I lose my phone charger,
forget my headphones, need to do laundry, try to study for an exam, or need to
finish an assignment minutes before class, and a simple cup of joe is brewed.
No double-soy-whip-cookie-crumble-drizzle nonsense necessary. The effort to add
all the sweet extra fluff dissipates and I openly hate the world and everyone
around me.
I’m as clumsy as I am angry. As easy as it is for me so
spill my drink all over the table, dripping onto the floor, others looking at
me, embarrassed, I implode with anger, smiting almost anyone around me
unintentionally. It’s not as easy however, to clean up the words that come out
of my mouth as it is to wipe up spilled
coffee. Soap and water don’ wipe away spoken words.
I get angered when I don’t meet my own standards. I feel
defeated when my design doesn’t get chosen for the week’s top four picks. I
need anger to keep me in line. Keep my priorities straight. My anger keeps me
motivated to try. And my morning tumbler of coffee energizes me for the new
day.
Too much anger leaves me exhausted, dry and quenched. My
indulgence in coffee can leave me dehydrated. I know when to avoid it when I
know it, when it will consequently affect me.
Then it’s easy. After the steam diminishes and I cool off, it’s
manageable to drink. I get up, throw away the cup, walk away and leave.
No comments:
Post a Comment